Wednesday, October 30, 2013

We've come to the end of the road - or maybe the beginning!

This is the last one! In less than 24 hours, Tearing Down Walls will go live. Well, at least I hope so - I hear Amazon is dragging their feet these days, so if it isn't there when you get up in the morning, know that it will be soon. Last teaser - enjoy!

And by the way, if you have friends you'd like to see get involved in the series (so you can talk, speculate, cuss me when things don't go like you'd liked, etc.), the first novel will be on sale too. Send 'em on over!

     While Vic drove, he tried to decide what to say first. Laura sat, silent and terrified, cowering against the car door. Vic wasn’t sure who she was most afraid of, the crazy bastard who was chasing after her, or the crazy bastard driving the car she was riding in, and the thought made him laugh.
     “What’s so damn funny?” Laura whispered.
     “Nothing, sweetie, nothing at all. When we get where we’re going, we’re going to have a long talk. And that’s after I’ve pulled you across my knee and given you a good reason to never do this again.”
     “Oh, no, you’re not going to . . .” she tried to protest.
     “Oh, yes, missy, I most certainly will. You watch me. You’re getting the spanking you deserve. In the meantime, would you like to tell me how scared you are?”
     “Pretty damn scared,” she whispered.
     “Yeah, that’s what I thought. We’re going to get out of this one, but there’ll be another one if you pull another stunt like this, and I might not be able to get you out of the next one, so think about that while I try to keep us alive until tomorrow.” Vic stepped down on the gas and the Mustang shot down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please come back to see what's new. I love hearing from you!