Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My NaNoWriMo journey continues

I'm still in a state of shock.

I started writing today at about 4:30 p.m. That was after I'd gone for my nail fill (thank you, Tonjua, the best nail tech in the whole darn world!). I came home, did a little reading (Fire Birds, written by my friend Shane Gregory), and then started writing. My partner cooked dinner (he's a keeper) and I stopped long enough to eat. It's now 10:43 p.m. and I just got my word count verification for today.

Between 4:30 p.m. and 10:43 p.m., I wrote 9,734 words. I'm still in a state of shock. I mean, I know I've told said author-person mentioned above that my writing is somewhere between prolific and ridiculous, but really? Don't ask me how I do it; I really don't know. It still amazes me. And my partner came in here, asking where I was in the story, so I read him some of it. It's damn good.

That means that NaNoWriMo is going to help me finish the third novel of the Love Under Construction series, Renovating a Heart. At this rate, it should be done well before the end of the month, and I'll have time to work on one of the others I'm writing. Don't ask which one. There are many.

In the meantime, hang in there with me. If you'd like for me to post a contest, let me know. That might be fun. I could give a really good prize - a pretty, 14K gold prize. But I have to know you want it. Do you? It's in your hands.

1 comment:

  1. Gold? I like the way you think. Could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please come back to see what's new. I love hearing from you!