Sunday, September 22, 2013

And that's what I've been doing!

Wondering where I've been? No?

Well, screw you! LOL

Actually, I've been busy. Really, REALLY busy. The last major edit on the second novel is finished. Now I'm into the technical aspect of it (which I hate). I'm hoping it'll be completely and totally ready for my betas in a few days - at least by the end of this week.

On another note, I spent early yesterday in Nashville at the monthly meeting of the Music City Romance Writers. It was a good meeting. Afterward, they wanted to know if anyone wanted to go to lunch, so of course I said YES! It was good to be able to sit down and talk to a group of romance writers. One of the presenters on their program was a librarian who works at the Calvert City branch of the Marshall County Library! Another was a rep from a retailer - in AUSTRALIA! I got to sit across the table from her and her friend at lunch, and they were so much fun! As soon as my RWA membership goes through, I'll join their chapter. Yeah, it's a drive, but we don't have anything like that in my town, that's for sure.

I do want to also say that I went to my first meeting of the writers' group at the Icehouse in Mayfield, and I had a lot of fun there and met another romance author (shout-out, Cynthia!). I'll go back every month to their meetings, too. Wish we could get a few more people to come, but it seems they're afraid. You know what I always say: If you want to be an author . . .

. . . you'd better be an armadillo. Because you'll need that thick skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please come back to see what's new. I love hearing from you!